Mold maintenance is primarily maintenance and maintenan […]
Mold maintenance is primarily maintenance and maintenance during the production process. The mold is like a car, if it is not needed for a long time without maintenance, it may cause the mold to become useless. Therefore, every time the mold is used, a comprehensive maintenance must be carried out, especially the rust prevention of the forming part, and the rust prevention of the main moving parts. Because the mold needs to receive water during the production process, it may sleep on the mold during the installation or disassembly process, so make sure that the mold is dry, and then brush a layer of oil for maintenance.
1. The use of injection molds
The mold creates value in use, but gradually loses its own value in use. Therefore, the operator must attach great importance to the use of the mold. Generally, the following points should be paid attention to.
(1) Before use, check whether there are impurities and dirt in each part of the mold. The plastic and impurities remaining in the mold should be scrubbed with cotton yarn, and the sticky materials with strong adhesion should be scraped off with a copper knife.
(2) Choose the clamping force reasonably, based on the fact that there is no flash when the product is formed. It should not be assumed that the higher the better, it will increase the power consumption and easily damage the transmission parts.
(3) The transmission parts should be well lubricated, therefore, the lubrication of these parts must be maintained.
(4) It is not allowed to hit any parts in the mold with heavy objects such as horns, so as to avoid deformation or even damage to the mold.
Second, the maintenance of the injection mold
(1) Maintenance of cooling water channels
The function of the cooling water channel is to cool down and solidify the plastic parts in the cavity through cooling water, which has a greater impact on the molding process of the plastic parts.
1. The hazards of blockage of cooling water channels
In the long-term work process, the surface of the cooling water channel is prone to deposit scale, dirt, rust, etc., which will reduce the circulation area of the cooling water channel, and greatly reduce the heat exchange between the cooling water and the mold, so that the cooling effect is greatly reduced, which is harmful Very big.
2. Check the blockage of the cooling water channel
The increase of sediment on the surface of the cooling water channel will cause local blockage of the water channel. This can be used to determine the internal condition of the cooling water channel by measuring the flow rate of the cooling water. When measuring, a pressure control valve can be installed between the mold and the cooling water channel. Under the same conditions, the pressure drop of the cooling water through the mold can be measured. From this, the blockage of the cooling water channel can be judged. If the blockage reaches a certain level, it must be cleaned up in time.
3. Cleaning of cooling water channels
Because the design of the cooling water channel is related to the shape of the cavity, its shape is tortuous and inconvenient to disassemble. Therefore, it cannot be cleaned by mechanical methods. It can only be washed with a cleaning agent, and the adhered dirt is removed under the strong impulse of the cleaning agent. . There are many kinds of cleaning agents used, and you can choose to use them.
(2) Maintenance of injection mold unloading
After the injection mold completes a given production task, it needs to be disassembled from the injection molding machine. When disassembling, carefully remove the residual plastic, and adopt different cleaning methods according to the different properties of different plastics. Generally, soapy water can be used to remove residual plastic and other deposits in the mold, and then the mold is air-dried. If there are rusty spots on the surface of the cavity, they should be removed, polished, and then coated with lubricant for protection, and then placed in the inventory.