Mold rust is a relatively easy phenomenon. It not only […]
Mold rust is a relatively easy phenomenon. It not only affects the appearance of the mold but also directly affects the overall quality of the mold. Therefore, mold rust is a problem that cannot be ignored. The following are the reasons and measures of the analysis for your reference.
The reasons for mold rusting are:
1. The product of the decomposition of the molding material
2. Moisture resurgence
3. Hand sweat
Related analysis of mold rust:
1. The most common form of corrosion of molds by-products (gas, residues) from the decomposition of molding materials. In order to prevent the mold from rusting, the most widely used method is to perform chrome plating on the mold cavity, but chrome plating cannot fully solve the problem, because the decomposition products also corrode the deep part of the pinhole, and these places are the places that cannot be plated.
2. When the mold is cooled to below the moisture regain point, the moisture in the air will retain moisture on the surface of the mold and produce water droplets, which will cause rust.
Solve the problem of mold rust:
1. Short-term: Wipe the surface of the cavity with a cloth. Fully dry the molding material and lower the temperature of the barrel to prevent the material from decomposing. When molding is temporarily stopped, spray an anti-rust agent on the mold cavity, and then close the mold.
2. Long-term: Turn the product material into a material that is decomposed and does not corrode the mold. Easily decomposed materials include PVC, POM, EVA, PC, and foam materials. Because the decomposition product has a corrosive effect on the mold, the mold should be chrome-plated if the plastic raw material cannot be changed. When the mold is not used for a long time, apply a layer of butter to the outside of the mold and the movable part.