The design and manufacture of plastic molds are closely […]
The design and manufacture of plastic molds are closely related to the process of plastic processing. The success or failure of plastic processing depends largely on the effect of mold design and the quality of mold manufacturing, and the design of plastic molds is based on the correct plastic product design. Base.
The structural elements to be considered in the design of plastic molds are
1. Parting surface, that is, the contact surface where the concave mold and the convex mold cooperate with each other when the mold is closed. The selection of its location and form is affected by factors such as product shape and appearance, wall thickness, molding method, post-processing technology, mold type and structure, demolding method, and molding machine structure.
2. The precision of the mold, namely, avoiding jams, precise positioning, guide posts, positioning pins, etc. The positioning system is related to the appearance quality of the product, mold quality and life. According to the different mold structure, different positioning methods are selected. The positioning accuracy control mainly depends on processing. The inner mold positioning is mainly considered by the designer to design a more reasonable and easy-to-adjustable positioning Way.
3. The pouring system, that is, the feed channel from the nozzle of the injection molding machine to the cavity, including the main runner, the runner, the gate and the cold slug. In particular, the selection of the gate position should be conducive to the molten plastic filling the cavity in a good flow state, and the solid runner and gate cold material attached to the product can be easily ejected from the mold and removed when the mold is opened.
4. Structural parts, that is, sliders, inclined tops, straight top blocks, etc. of complex molds. The design of structural parts is very critical, related to the life of the mold, processing cycle, cost, product quality, etc. Therefore, designing the core structure of a complex mold requires a designer to have a higher comprehensive ability, and strive to be simpler, more durable, and more economical. Design.
5. Plastic shrinkage rate and various factors that affect the dimensional accuracy of products, such as mold manufacturing and assembly errors, mold wear, etc. In addition, when designing compression molds and injection molds, the matching of the process and structural parameters of the molding machine should also be considered. Computer-aided design technology has been widely used in plastic mold design.